Turkey is a transcontinental country because it shares boundaries with some European countries as well as some Asian countries such as Greece, Georgia, Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, Iran, Iraq and Syria. Turkey has become a popular choice and destination for many students from around the world owing to the high standard of education alongside low tuition fees obtainable in many Turkish universities.
Contact us now for admission and visa processing into cheap and affordable universities in Turkey, Russia etc: 09060294376
Studying in Turkey to a greater extent is suitably affordable in comparison to studying in countries like Australia, US, UK, Canada and other high end study destinations around the world. Shrugging off the dilemma of choosing a study destination abroad is now very easy for you since studying in Turkey is a suitable choice in view of the aforementioned benefits.
In the interest of foreign students, this article will shed an appreciable light onthe following-admission requirements for undergraduate and postgraduate programs,intake periods/deadlines, how to apply for a program, list of universities in turkey, cost associated with studying in turkey and cost of living in turkey. First and foremost, let’s consider the admission requirements for both study programs- undergraduate and postgraduate programs
- Admission requirements to study in turkey
Contact us now for admission and visa processing: 09060294376
Everyone is welcomed to study in turkey as Turkish universities charge relatively affordable tuition fees and the quality of education is recognizably of international standard.
In order to gain admission into any of the Turkish universities it is expected of both foreign and indigenous applicants to satisfy certain qualification requirements. But the focus here basically is on the requirements for foreign applicants going in for under graduate and post graduate programs.
- Undergraduate program requirements
Every foreign applicant must submit a certified copy of higher secondary school certificate or the equivalent.
This is of course to demonstrate that he/she satisfactorily graduated from secondary school. This proof must be supported with other necessary documents bordering on transcripts or even detailed mark sheets; this should be forwarded to the Turkish university of the applicant’s choosing.
- The accepted higher school/ secondary school certificates for undergraduate programs are listed as follow:
- Higher school diploma
- Higher secondary school certificate
- General certificates of secondary education(GCSE)
- Higher secondary certificate
- School leaving certificate
- High school learning certificate
Notably, completing standard six (Grade 12) is expected of the applicant in his/her country. Possessing a student visa and a valid passport are the very last requirements to be met.
B. The accepted documents for under graduate programs are listed as follow:
- Photocopies of higher secondary school certificate and transcript (mark sheets)
- One passport-sized photograph
- Data page of passsport or birth certificate
- A copy of proof of English proficiency if any.
Having enlisted all the necessary requirements for enrolling in an under graduate program in any Turkish university, now let’s talk about the requirements for post graduate study in turkey.
- Post graduate program requirements
Undergraduate program-requirements-lists in most Turkish universities invariably are all similar. But when it comes to postgraduate programs, the requirements for admission are decided on by individual department to which the student directly applies and not by the general institutional administration. In most cases some departments will request to meet with the applicant for personal interview before deciding on whether the applicant will be offered admission.
- Intake periods/deadlines
Generally, admission calendars for most turkey universities are the same. Intake periods for admission start in December of the previous year and runs through to August in the succeeding/subsequent year. September is usually a month set aside for aspiring students to sit for the necessary intake exams.
- How to apply for a program
By estimate there are around 200 universities in turkey, most of which are state universities while the rest are private or foundation universities.
Applying for programs in any of the existing Turkish universities is quite an easy process owing to the availability of a good number of useful admission inquiry websites that can offer an aspiring applicant a good guide, and of course the local admission processing agents in your country may also come in handy. In a nutshell, below are the basic steps to follow when applying for programs in Turkish universities.
- With the aid of websites such as the one provided above or through some local admission processing agent in your country, find a suitable degree program you would love to study in turkey.
- Put together all the required documents under the advisement of the agent handling your admission processing or you can as well follow the detailed requirement information provided by the website.
- Submit your application through your agent or the online admission system on the website
- After completing your application, it is important to forward all the required documents to your first choice university. Ensure documents arrive intact before admission deadline. Ascertain deadline in the admission calendar.
- If your application into the university of your choosing eventually turns out successful, the university will issue acceptance documents which will aid your visa application.
- After completing the above steps successful, the next thing is to put things in order with respect to your travelling and accommodation.
- List of universities in turkey
As stated earlier on, the estimated number of universities in turkey is around 200. A vast majority of these universities are owned by state government while the rest is being shared between private or foundation universities. The list as expected is a long one and you can find the details by clicking here.
- Cost associated with studying in turkey
Studying in turkey for many foreign students means affordable tuition fees and access to quality education as well. But how affordable is it really to study in turkey? Well we will soon find out. Here we will take a look at the tuition fees charged by both government and private/foundation universities at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The list represents annual tuition fees.
- Undergraduate programtuition fees:
Turkish nationals: 80 – 250 USD
Foreign nationals: 240 – 750 USD
5.000 – 20.000 USD
- Postgraduate Program tuition fees:
- State UniversitiesTurkish nationals: 100 – 200 USD
Foreign nationals: 300 – 600 USDFoundation Universities
5.000 – 20.000 USD
There you have them categorically stated above- the breakdown of tuition fees for both foreign students and turkey nationals in Turkish universities. When you compare and contrast the above details to what is actually obtainable in other study destinations abroad like the US, UK, Canada and other European countries then you will understand why turkey is a preferred destination of choice for most students.
- Cost of living in turkey
The estimated cost of living in turkey for international students on a monthly basis is between 400-500 USD. This estimated cost encompasses accommodation, food, clothing, entertainment, transportation, telephone cost, book and administrative fees. This estimated cost of course may vary with respect to individual lifestyle, location and which degree course you enroll in. The institution of your choosing can as well provide further information.
Without an iota of doubt, turkey is a perfect study destination abroad. Turkey offers you excellent value for your money. When compared to other countries abroad, turkey offers low and affordable tuition fees and living expenses all together compared to other European countries. So choosing a study destination should no longer give you such a hard time after reading this article. Make Turkey your study destination choice and you will be glad you did on the long run.
Contact us now for admission and visa processing: 09060294376