The most popular destination for medical students anywhere in the world is Russia. Students all the way from Africa, Europe, America, and Asia travel to Russia for various programs in medicine. Due to the numerous demands from students, medical universities in Russia have English programs for medical programs. They offer top-notch services to foreigners as applications are done without any hindrances. As a medical student, Russia is a great country to pursue your MBBS degree.
The history of Medicine in Russia has been leading since the 16th century. When compared to medicine in other countries, the quality of MBBS colleges in Russia is high. The government of the country subsidizes about 50% of medical education for foreigners. This is to encourage students to apply for their MBBS degrees in Russia. Russia owns 30 out of the top 100 best medical universities globally. There is no doubt that Russia has excellent medical institutes that offer quality education to students.
One of the major reasons why Russia medical universities are popular is that their tuition fees are affordable. Also the universities have equipped laboratories, furnished accommodation, and so on. The admission for MBBS courses in Russia has increased over the years due to the success of numerous alumni. If you are planning to study MBBS in Russia, this post will guide you on how to actualize it.
Russia is one of the largest countries in the world and it is located in Eastern Europe and Asia. The official name of the country is Russian federation and its capital is known as Moscow. Moscow is the largest capital city worldwide. The government of the country operates, based on democratic rule. Russia is the home to 146.6 million people. There are lots of great things to explore about Russia.
Furthermore, Russia shares land border with Poland, Norway, Georgia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Mongolia, China, Norway, North Korea, Azerbaijan, and Finland.
Studying MBBS in Russia
There are various opportunities for medical students who travel to Russia for an MBBS degree. The schools have high quality and approved standard of training. They are more popular to international students due to inexpensiveness of their tuition fees. Compared to other medical universities in other countries, the tuitions of MBBS in a Russian university are quite low. This makes Russia a popular destination for international students.
Right from the soviet Era, students have been pursuing their MBBS in Russia. The textbooks in their schools have numerous translations in other languages. Russia medical universities have gained worldwide recognition and topped polls several times. They have also produced graduates that are currently working in top universities worldwide.
As a medical student, studying MBBS in Russia is an excellent decision. Their subsidized fees compared to their high quality of education cannot be compared with any other. There are about 57 medical universities in Russia with an average ratio of 7:1 for student to teachers. Twelve of those universities provide MBBS courses in English.
Studying MBBS in Russia takes 6 years. For students who want to take their courses in Russian language, it takes an extra year which is used to learn their language. After completing medical courses in Russia, you get the degree of Physician (M.D)
Read also: Top 4 Low Tuition Universities in Japan
20 Best Universities to study MBBS in Russia
As mentioned above, there are about 57 medical universities offering MBBS courses in Russia. Here are 20 excellent choices that are with great tuition and high standard of education:
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Tver State Medical University
- Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University
- M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
- Nizhny Novgorod State Medical University
- Orenburg State Medical University
- Volgograd State Medical University
- Northern State Medical University
- Kazan state medical university
- Ryazan State Medical University
- OMSK State Medical University
- Smolensk State Medical University
- Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia
- Crimea Federal University
- Kuban State Medical University
- Perm State Medical University
- Kursk state medical University
- Mari State University
- Syktyvkar State University
- Altai State Medical University
Eligibility to study MBBS in Russia
There are certain things every student needs before they can apply for MBBS in Russia. Here are the criteria that make one eligible:
- Student should be at least 17 years on /before December 31st of admission year
- Every student should obtain 50% in their 12th standard from Science stream (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics) in ISC/CBSE or any equivalent examination.
- Aspirants from India should possess a NEET result before they apply.
Documents needed to gain MBBS admission
- Admission form that must be completed
- A copy of certificate and mark of sheet of class 12th
- A copy of mark sheet of class 10th
- Result of NEET (for Indian aspirants)
- 6 pieces of passport sized photographs in white background
- A scanned copy of the first and last page of international passport
- TATKAL passport scheme (For students without passport)
Why study MBBS in Russia?
If you are still asking yourself this question, here are some benefits you get to enjoy when you pursue your MBBS degree in the country of Russia.
- There is no need to pay capitation and donation fee
- No requirement to take tests like IELTS and TOEFL
- A high quality teaching standard
- MBBS degree recognized by WHO and MCI
- Low cost of Living
- Accessibility to well-equipped medical facilities, laboratories, and teaching techniques
- International exposure due to affiliation with world universities
- Ability to practice anywhere in the world
- Sport facilities, regional food, and academics for international students
- Courses are taught in English language
Russia is one of the best destinations to study medicine for foreign students. Before you start enrolling, you need to have a strong will and determination to become a doctor. Then, start your admission process to become one of the best medical doctors in the world.