Ashesi is undoubtedly one of the finest universities in Africa, with an educational experience that is unmatched and proven to successfully prepare local and international students for rewarding lives and careers.On top of that, tuition fees are low or cheap for international students. Did you know that 100% of Ashesi’s graduates receive job offers, start ventures or enter graduate school within six months of graduation? With an academic program developed collaboratively with some of the world’s best universities and institutions, Ashesi has put together an educational model unlike any other in Africa.There are also free scholarships available to local and international students who require financial assistance to attend the college.
Contact us now for admission and visa processing into cheap and affordable universities in Turkey, Russia etc: 09060294376
Although they place emphasis on academic merit, the admissions process is holistic and focuses on factors such as character, involvement in extracurricular activities, and volunteer experience. Here’s a guide to creating a powerful admissions application.
Ashesi is a powerful community that thrives on the contributions of its students, staff and alumni. The admissions process, therefore, intently looks for students who will not only make the best of Ashesi’s educational experience, but will also be committed to strengthening the community and beyond.
Please note that Ashesi’s academic year consist of two semesters. The first semester of every academic year starts late August to December, and the second semester typically runs from January to May. Tuition fees cover textbooks. Note that students who do not already have medical insurance, will be expected to sign on for one upon enrolment into Ashesi.
Contact us now for admission and visa processing: 09060294376
|Tuition per semester||$3,948*||$3,948*|
|Medical insurance (not required with proof of other medical insurance)||$240||$240|
|On-campus housing (optional)||$940||$1,223|
In addition to the expenses mentioned above, the institution recommends that students put aside an additional minimum of $300 per semester for personal expenses and incidentals.
Ashesi has very flexible payment plans for families who cannot pay fees in full at the start of the semester. Families have the flexibility of making payments twice a semester or four times a semester depending on their financial situation. Families who pay full tuition fees before the due date for each semester, will receive discount.
How to Apply in 3 Steps
(1) Start Online Application or Paper Application
- Online Application:
Click here to open Online Application Form
- Paper Application:
If you prefer to fill a paper application, download and complete the forms below:
(2) Pay Application Fees
- GHs100 for Ghanaian nationals; $50 is the charge for international applicants.
- The Late Admissions period attracts an extra GHs50. We also do not accept scholarship and international applications for the Late Admissions period.
- Completed application form, including well written personal essays.
- Your high School transcript or report cards for at least six terms.
- One of the following examination results is required and should be included:
- West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE); Six subjects are used to calculate your standard WASSCE score: Integrated Science, Core Math, Core English and three electives. A minimum grade of C6 in each subject is required to apply.
- Six IGCSE (G.C.E. O-Level) passes including Mathematics, English, and Science are required together with at least three ‘A’ Level passes (with grade A-D)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- American / Canadian High School Diploma
- French Baccalaureate (a certified copy of the original score and a certified translated copy in English)
- Other equivalent exam results approved by the National Accreditation Board of Ghana.
Early Deadline: Submit on or before 28th March 2019
- Regular Deadline: 27th June 2019
- Late Deadline: 22nd August 2019
The Late Admissions period attracts an extra GHs50. We also do not accept scholarship and international applications for the Late Admissions period.
The selection process initially begins by determining whether a student qualifies to be admitted into Ashesi, based on a applicant’s holistic profile. This initial selection process is need-blind.
Afterwards, applicants who qualify for admission , and applied for Ashesi’s free scholarships, are then screened on the basis of their financial need; at this stage, a thorough assessment is made of an applicant’s information gathered by the Scholarship Committee, which has the entire admissions team on it. Where information provided is unclear or ambiguos, students may be asked additional questions on their financial need during the Admissions interview session.
Based on the proven financial need, applicants are then placed into one of four categories namely: Extreme Need, High Need, Medium Need or Low Need. For each of these categories, there is a set amount of funding Ashesi can award, or an amount of named scholarships assigned. Students in each category are then ranked based on the strength of their admissions application; please note that funding is awarded to students in each category based on the ranking provided, until the allocated funds run out for the admissions session.
Students within each category who are not immediately awarded the funds, are then placed on a waitlist, and informed of their status as well. Should an accepted student decline a scholarship offer, the offer will then be passed on to the next student on the waitlist. Students who receive scholarships at Ashesi typically demonstrate that they would be;
- Able to successfully complete the academic work prescribed at Ashesi.
- Otherwise unable to afford the cost of attending Ashesi.
- Active contributors to campus life and culture.
- Fully committed to giving back to their communities and beyond, plus show strong leadership potential.
We hope this article was helpful. If you enjoyed reading, kindly share it by using the sharing buttons below so others can also benefit
Contact us now for admission and visa processing: 09060294376