ABOUT UNIVERSITIES IN SWEDEN :Generally, the tuition fee for universities in Sweden per year, vary depending on the university and choice of program. Tuition fee can range , approximately SEK 80,000 per year that is ,approximately 8,300 EUR or 9,200 USD, to SEK 130,000 that is, ,approximately 13,000 EUR or $14,600 USD.
Language : Among the 5 official languages in Sweden is Swedish. But a vast majority of Swedes can also speak English. the official language of Sweden.
Specific entry requirements to Some of the Universities in Sweden
The specific entry requirements can consist of two sets of documents:
1. An English test
2. Custom requirements from each Master’s or Undergraduate programme
It is necessary that the English certificate must be from an Internationally recognised test and past the minimum required grade. The tests you can submit to your application are:
Cambridge Michigan Language Assessments
Pearson PTE Academic
Cambridge English Language Assessment (C1 Advanced)
Some Documents required are:
2. Record of completed upper secondary (high school) education (translated into English)
3. University record
4. Signed Cover Letter (only when submitting documents via regular post)
5. Change of name (if applicable)
COST OF LIVING IN SWEDEN: The cost of living for an international single student is approximately SEK 81,900 ( the cost of living for 12 months).
WHY STUDY IN SWEDEN
1. Universities in Sweden encourage students to be more creative. They do this by encouraging students to think creatively about pressing issues, in an informal non-hierarchical classrooms with a strong emphasis on sustainability. For example amongst many, Lars Valter Hörmander was a Swedish mathematician.
2. You do not need to speak Swedish language fluently in order to study in Sweden. But if you would like to learn a new language, probably to increase you chances of being employed, Universities in Sweden allows their students to take up language courses.
3. There are plenty of ooopturnities for graduates who would like to work in Sweden after schooling.
FIVE (5) LOW TUITION UNIVERSITIES IN SWEDEN
1. Karolinska Institute
The Karolinska Institute is of the top rsearch-led medical university in Solna, Sweden Karolinska Institute has made great contributions in the medical sector and in effect, in human health. The university offer the following courses: biochemistry, genetics, pharmacology, pathology, anatomy, physiology and medical microbiology, among others.
Undergraduate tuition fee for nternational students: $35,200
2. Lund University
Founded in 1666, Lund University of Sweden is also part of the world’s top 100 universities, and its main focus is on research. Even though it is heavily invested in research, Lund University is very open to international students since it currently has a student body from 70 different countries. Also, two of the world’s top research centers are located at Lund University, and it still has a famous reputation for being a great research universities.
Located in the capital of Sweden, Stockholm University has grown to be one of the leading universities in the continent of Europe. Because of their popularity, this university has a big revenue that is used for research and also for global collaboration. Stockholm University’s specialty lies within the fields of science, so be sure to check it out if you are interested.
4. Uppsala University
Uppsala University has consistently ranked among the top 100 universities in the world, and it continues to show their greatness by training graduates with potential. Also one of the Nordic region’s oldest university, Uppsala University is the first university established in Sweden, and it has many historic traditions that can be only revealed to students that are going there.
Tuition Fee for international Undergraduates:International tuition: 110,000 SEK
5.KTH Royal Institute of Technology
One of the foremost in engineering and technology, KTH Royal Institute of Technology is Sweden’s largest technical institution, and it continues to house many students with great abilities and potential. Also, the main revenue of KTH is mainly on research, and the field of engineering and sciences is one of the best courses in the country.