Maastricht University is a Government owned University located in Maastricht, Netherlands. It was founded in 1976 and was regarded as the second youngest university among the 13 universities during the period.
Contact us now for admission and visa processing into cheap and affordable universities in Turkey, Russia etc: 09060294376
Maastricht University is built upon the maxim ‘leading in learning’ and over the years it has striven to maintain this motto, it strives to ensure that qualitative education coupled with well-integrated teaching approach is its guiding principle.
The institution is currently made up of 1,841 Academic Staff, 1,392 Administrative Staff, 15,916 Students (postgraduate and undergraduate), the current Rector is Rianne Letchert and it is presided over by Martin Paul, 47% of the total students are foreign students, this reveals its tolerance for international students.
Masschrtist University is geared towards attaining a cordial and strong coexistence of students that are internationally based, it is an internationally acclaimed school that attempts to incorporate global teaching and learning methods into its programmes.
Contact us now for admission and visa processing: 09060294376
Several measures are put in place to ensure the ‘internationalisation’ of Maastricht University, one of the measures put in place to ensure international tolerance is by making sure that about half of its bachelor’s programmes are offered in English while the other half is offered in Dutch, the masters and doctorate programmes are majorly taught in English except for some few ones.
In 2013, Maastricht University was awarded with ‘Distinctive Quality Feature for Internalisation’ by NVAO, also referred to as Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders.
The university is made up of six distinctive faculties, these faculties are further decentralised into departments, schools, colleges or institutes. The school is centrally governed by the Executive Board which includes the President, Vice President and the Rector, the Executive Board is saddled with the responsibility of appointing the faculty deans, professors and the school administrators, it also ensures the proper management of the school as a whole. The decisions of the executive council are vetted by the supervisory council especially in the area of budget.
The Faculties contained in Maastricht University includes;
- Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences: The faculty came into existence in 2003, it came into existence as a result of the merging that took place between the Faculty of health sciences and the faculty medicine. The faculty offers a wide and extensive range of disciplines in health care services, this faculty in MaastrichtUniversity is one of the most acclaimed and renowned faculty in not only Netherlands but Europe. Presently it has a total of 1,950 students and 1200 staff (Teaching, Administrative and Supporting Staff).
- Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience (FPN): It is made up of approximately 1,500 students and 250 staffs. It distinguishes itself by specialising in modern approach to psychology; Cognitive and Biological psychology. The bachelor’s programme in this field is offered in English and Dutch, it is a theoretical and research based programme. Students in this faculty are educated to become research driven practitioners in the field of psychology, the faculty of psychology and neurosciences specialises in courses such as; developmental psychology, cognitive neuroscience, health and social psychology, work and organisation psychology, psychology and law and forensic psychology.
The faculty possesses unequalled research infrastructures that aids ground-breaking research in this field of specialisation.
- Faculty of Law: The faculty was founded in 1981, its pioneer programme was Dutch law and consequently other programmes were introduced, the faculty boost of 2,500 students and 15o staff, it currently offers 4 bachelor programmes (LL. B) which are; Dutch Law, Tax law, English based European Law and Dutch based European Law. It offers several master’s programmes, most of which are taught in English.
- School of Business and Economics: This faculty/school was founded in 1984, it offers bachelor degree in courses such as Operations Research, Econometrics, Fiscal Economics, Business Economics, International Business and master’s programme in several others.
Currently, School of Business and Economics has the largeststudents’ composition in Maastricht University, it has a total of 4,200 students out of which 60% are international students. The faculty is duly accredited by European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS), Association to Advanced Collegiate School of Business (AACSB) and the Association of MBAs.
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences: It is fondly referred to as FASOS, and was founded in 1974. the faculty offers bachelor’s and master’s programme such as; Arts and heritage, Policy, Management and Culture, Literature and Society, Globalisation and developmental studies, European studies on Society, Arts and culture, science and technology. it has research institutes that deals specially in research and innovative studies.
- Faculty of Humanities and Sciences: This faculty consist of;
Department of knowledge Engineering
Maastricht Science College
Top Institute for Evidence Based Education Research
Maastricht Graduate School of Governance
International for Integrated Assessment and Sustainable Development
University College Maastricht.
Maastricht university is ranked as the 88th University in the world by Times Higher Education, in 2014, the faculty of Health Medicine and Life science was ranked 45th in the world. it was ranked by QS World as the 118th best University in the world and the top 300 universities by Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Maastricht University is respected for its meaning approach and contribution to the society, and its desire to solutions to societal phenomenon.
Each programme in Maastricht university has stipulated requirement, hence, criteria for faculty of Arts and Social sciences might not be the same for Faculty of Law, students are therefore advised to download the programmes requirement on the school’s official website.
The general requirement for studying in Maastricht University are listed below:
- All prospective students are required to register through studielink, it is the standard means of registration, the application process depends on the programme been registered for.
- A proof of English Proficiency especially programmes taught in English, Maastricht University accepts English Proficiency Examination such as
Cambridge Certificate (Advanced English or Proficiency in English), TOEFL, IELTS
- Intending Students must have acquired a Dutch Secondary School Diploma or its equivalent for international Students, with the right combination of subject relevant for the intending programme.
The stipulated tuition for bachelor andmaster’s programme annually in Maastricht University is 1,984 annually for students in Netherlands and students from European Economic Area pays. international students pay a tuition fee which ranges from 7,500 to 10,000 annually for bachelor’s programme and 13,000 for master’s programme. Want a bright future after academics? then start your journey towards this pursuit at Maastricht University.
Contact us now for admission and visa processing: 09060294376