Columbia University, located in Vancouver, is a prestigious higher institution of learning that serves as Canada’s private college since the year 1936. Tuition fees is low and affordable for international students It operates a tri semester system now. .However, students are free to begin their studies at the start of any semester. Note that every semester last 14 weeks with a break of about 3 weeks between semesters. The university charges low or cheapest tuition for locals and international students
These are the timelines:
Fall semester: September to December
Summer Semester: May to August
Winter Semester: January to April
How to apply
- You should have Baccalaureate degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above from a recognized institution.
- Submit academic transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities. In addition a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with an undergraduate cumulative of of 3.0 or above. Note that the transcripts are required from all degree awarding institutions and universities attended outside of the United States.
- Fully completed application form including narrative section
- Three well written recommendation letters
- Personal statement of about (300-500 words)
- A professional personal resume.
Note that even if your bachelors degree is in a different other than the masters program you are applying for, or you lack the basics of the course requirements, you may still qualify for the post graduate programs. However, applicants who do not meet the 3.0 GPA requirement may be considered for conditional employment only at the discretion of the relevant academic department.
You will be expected to pay $200 which is due with your application.
Foreign students admitted into the academic programs arriving directly from overseas on a Canadian study permit are required to make a prior tuition deposit of $12,000. This deposit will cover your tuition fees for 24 credits of coursework over a period of two semesters and not refundable once you student arrives in Canada. Note that if a student decides to take additional credits, these will cost $500 per credit.
Full time Tuition cost of 12-18 credit hour
Fall, 2019 semester is $11,352
Spring 2019 semester is $11352
Graduate Tuition Fees
Kindly note that the cost depends on the program.
On Campus Graduate Tuition is $390
Application Fee ( which is non refundable) is $55
Graduation Processing Fee is $120
These rates apply to students living on the school campus for the fall 2019 semester and/or spring 2019 semester.
Double room cost $2,337
Hughes Haven cost $2,454
Single Room cost $750