The University of Stirling is a public institution of higher learning established in 1967. Located in Stirling, the University of Stirling is an innovative place with a pioneering spirit and a passion for training transformative leaders. Home to almost 9,440 students, Stirling offers over 300 flexible courses designed to develop forward-thinking graduates from around the world.The University is academically organized into 19 departments which are accounting and finance, Education, applied social science, aquaculture, biological and environmental sciences, economics, computing science and mathematics, English, film and media studies, languages, history, culture and religion, law, management, marketing, nursing and midwifery, politics, philosophy, psychology and sports studies
Contact us now for admission and visa processing into cheap and affordable universities in Turkey, Russia etc: 09060294376
Why study at the University of Stirling?
97% of Stirling graduates were in employment or post graduate study within six months of graduation
Stirling has been consistently ranked 1st in Scotland for welcoming international students according to the International Student Barometer.
Contact us now for admission and visa processing: 09060294376
Life as an international student
There are over 120 nationalities represented on Stirling University campus, and it offers a range of student support services, including finance or careers guidance through what it calls The Student Services Hub.
In your first few weeks as an international student at Stirling, there will be a number of welcome and orientation events organized to help you get used to life at the University. As a fresher you’ll also automatically become a member of the National Union of Students (NUS), which gives you access to participate in all the events organised by the Students’ Union.
The University offers English language programs designed to help you bridge the gap between general English and academic English.
Find a course to Study
- Computer Science
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Marine Sciences
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Chemistry
- Physics & Astronomy
- Politics & International Studies (incl Development Studies)
- Communication & Media Studies
Arts & humanities
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics
- History, Philosophy & Theology
Business & economics
- Accounting & Finance
- Business & Management
- Economics & Econometrics
Engineering & technology
- General Engineering
- Sport Science
- Biological Sciences
Clinical, pre-clinical & health
- Other Health
What qualifications does Stirling accept?
Stirling accepts all of the English language qualifications listed below, including all IELTS qualifications:
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE)
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE)
- INTO English Language Assessment (IELA)
- Internet based Test of English as a Foreign Language Test (IBT TOEFL)
Note that any English language qualification should have been taken, typically, within two years of the University of Stirling course start date
Global Rankings & Student life in numbers
- QS Global World Rankings: 478
- Program types : Bachelor’s degrees, Master’s degrees, Doctorates
- Programs total 152
- Acceptance rates: 20%
- Nationalities: 120
- International Students: 2550
- Living Costs – £8,000 per year
- Campus Accommodation – £7,540 per year
If you are Scottish domiciled, full-time, first-degree student, you may be eligible to have your tuition fees covered by the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS). For the 2019/20 session, undergraduate students from non-UK EU countries may also be eligible to have their tuition fees fully covered by SAAS. Full-time Scottish-domiciled students as well as non-UK EU students should apply to the SAAS to cover this cost.
Scottish and non-UK EU part-time students are normally charged £303 per module, and may be eligible for SAAS financial support.
The yearly tuition fee for students from the rest of the UK in 2019/20 is £9,250 a year (£1,542 per module*). The annual tuition fee for international students from September 2019 is £12,450 for class-based subjects (£2,075 per module*). Note that part-time students are charged per module.
Lots of scholarships are available for international students and even students from the rest of the UK. A comprehensive list of bursaries and scholarships is available on the university website: stir.ac.uk/scholarships/
Currently, all undergraduate accommodation is university-owned. Fresh undergraduate students who live within 20 miles from the University, are guaranteed an offer of university-managed accommodation on condition that the accepted students confirm their place and complete an online accommodation application by the relevant deadlines. For the 2019/20 academic session, weekly prices range from £84 for a room with shared bathroom facilities to £171 for a studio flat.
University Contact information:
Tel: +44 (0)1786 467044
Student Services and Facilities
Libraries and Information Services
- Situated in the heart of Stirling’s beautiful campus, the library hosts over 500,000 books and has plenty of space for research and personal or group studying. It was recently refurbished to become a contemporary study hub with all the tools and inspiration needed to succeed.
- IT facilities include computer labs throughout the campus, of which many are open 24/7. Wi-Fi is easily accessible across the campus and student residences.
- The Careers and Employability Service’s Job Shop assist students find and make money from temporary, part-time or vacation work both on campus and within Stirling.
- The city of Stirling offers many opportunities in hospitality, retail, administration and tourism for students eager for part-time work.
- The Careers and Employability Service source and make available high-quality careers information to students and guide them to make informed career decisions.
- Services offered by the unit include one-to-one careers guidance, interview prep, help with applications, volunteering opportunities and workshops.
- Stirling Internship Programme also provides students and alumni of the University of Stirling with paid opportunities ranging from three to 12 weeks.
- The University of Stirling is deeply committed to looking after the personal health and well-being of its students. Airthrey Park Medical Centre is an on-campus facility that offers a friendly, affordable student-focused health service.
Counselling and Mental Health Support
- Student Support Services is the go-to place for much of the support that students might require whilst studying at Stirling, recognising that university life can be both exciting and quite exhausting at times.
- The Counselling and Well-being Service is available to support students who feel they would benefit from talking over any problem causing anxiety. There are qualified counsellors on standby to support students of all ages and at all levels of study.
- The Accessibility and Inclusion Service provides support which considers the full needs of students in a wide range of circumstances such as: sensory impairments, physical and mobility difficulties, specific learning disorders including dyslexia and autism, and even mental health conditions.
- The support also covers students who have short-term or temporary impairments or difficulties due to an injury, accident, illness or surgery.
- Please refer to the university website to learn more about how to access these support services.
Other services and facilities
- The Macrobert Arts Centre is situated at the heart of the campus with a lively programme of cinema, dance, drama, comedy and music.
- The shopping precinct includes a bookshop, bank, supermarket and pharmacy.
- The Students’ Union is a student-run organisation dedicated to ‘Making Students Lives Better,’ across the campuses.
- There are a lot for students to get involved in with more than 120 student societies and sports clubs.
- Since 2012, the Students’ Union has been recognised outstanding work, particularly for volunteering best practice
Contact us now for admission and visa processing: 09060294376